On Sundays We Write is a twice-monthly series of writing classes from some of Philly's best teachers. Each class is $20 and pre-registration is required.
So you want to write a book and have no idea how the business of publishing works? Have you written a book and need to make a decision about publishing? Have you tried everything and haven’t received a publishing offer? The business of books has changed drastically over the last few years and it continues to evolve. In this workshop you will learn:
- The four publishing choices available and how they each operate
- Learn the pros and cons of each of the choices
- How to figure out which publishing path is best for you and your book
- How to write a professional and winning proposal, query and a log line
- How to find your agent
- What is a tribe, what is a platform and do you need them
- Join us for a productive workshop and a little fun!
Author Doreen McGettigan teaches Publishing at Delaware County Community College, as well as workshops for the Press Club on publishing, social media, memoir writing and how to get your book or business in the news, and seminars on writing, blogging and marketing for SCORE.